The School was renamed the „State School of Civil Engineering and State School of Construction, Stuttgart“.
|1965||New examination regulations
With the introduction of new examination regulations the school was split into the following departments: Architecture, Civil Engineering, Surveying and Foundation Studies.
Professor Ludwig Hilmar Kresse (1914 – 1985) became head of the Department of Civil Engineering in 1963 and in 1967 he was elected School Director. Under his leadership the State School of Construction became a Polytechnic. He became its first rector and instigated its further expansion.
The following years were marked by student unrest, strikes and demonstrations. As a result of the various discussions student representatives and academic assistant staff were accepted as full voting members onto executive committees.