The case study is a central integrated part of the study program
and interlinks the more theoretical contents of the
modules in semester 1 and 2 with real-life projects. All lecturers of the modules 1-8 are consultants for their topics. The project partners are municipalities, local companies and institutions preferably in and around Stuttgart, Germany,
Europe or if suitable even worldwide. The Case Study comprises in-depth analysis of existing solutions and the elabortion of own proposals
The case study will be organized and held by 3 out of the 4 lectures of each term, which will be chosen flexibly by SCS. All lecturers should join the start and the end of the case study to integrate the case study into their lectures throughout the
term and give the whole term a joint start and defined ending
• analyze a project with regard to the topics of the modules 1-4: Basics of Smart Solutions, Smart Urbanism, Smart Building and Energy Mobility
• analyze the same project with regard to the topics of the modules 5-8: Resources and Resilience, Financial Feasibility, Smart Information Modeling and Smart Governance & Management
• develop alternative optimization suggestions with respect to Smart Solutions
• transfer the learned topics to an own valuable contribution, an own individual concept with different focal points
• probably develop a Master thesis Projects from the concepts (not mandatory)
• present a concept in a convincing manner.
Learning Unit 9.1 Case Study 1: Urbanism, Buildings, Information
|The introduction into the Case Study is combined with a kick-off-meeting for the newcomers. All subjects are presented by the respective semester lecturers, also explaining their general expectations regarding the Case Study. Thereby the students gain a holistic overview what will be contents to learn during the first semester and they become familiar with the entire lecturer team|
Learning Unit 9.2 Case Study 1: Infrastructure, Management, Finance
Based on the predominantly engineering/design related outcomes of the first semester the same Case Study is further developed by considering the practical aspects of management / risk management, finance and information. All results including Semester 1 outcomes will be presented in front of a public audience with client representatives, politicians, etc.