Fees for a second degree
From the winter semester of 2017/2018 onwards,
universities in Baden-Württemberg will charge students who opt to
take a second undergraduate degree a fee
) of €650 per semester
The fee applies if:
- You already hold an undergraduate degree and enrol in a
second/further undergraduate programme. In other words: You have
already gained a bachelor’s degree in Germany and now wish to
- You already hold a consecutive master’s degree and enrol in
second/further consecutive master’s programme. In other words:
You have already gained a master’s degree in Germany and now wish
to gain another.
- You elect to simultaneously take multiple degrees at multiple
universities in Baden-Württemberg. In other words: As soon as you
have completed the first programme you are required to pay fees
for the second programme.
The fee does not apply if:
- You were already enrolled in a second/further undergraduate
or master’s programme before the winter semester of
- You complete a bachelor’s programme and enrol in a master’s
programme. The master’s programme must be the first you have
enrolled in in Germany.
- You switch subjects and/or programmes without completing your
course of study.
- You already pay international student fees and are enrolled
in your first bachelor’s or master’s programme in Germany.
You can apply for an exemption from the fee in
the following scenario:
- During semesters in which you are away on an internship or
have opted to take a break from your studies.
Your application must be submitted by the start of
lectures in the respective semester at the latest.
To find out more, please visit:
(in German only)